Tuesday, March 12, 2013

We still don’t Habemus a Papam

So we’ve been following the Conclave since it began. You can check out the live stream at Salt &Light TV here: http://livestre.am/rSCZ.

This really isn’t unusual. No pope in recent history has been elected on the first ballot. It is very likely, however, that we could have a pope as soon as Thursday, if not tomorrow. Both Benedict XVI and John Paul II were elected on the second day of balloting.

Black smoke billows from the chimney of the Sistine Chapel, the sign that cardinals
did not elect a pope in their first round of balloting March 12 at the Vatican. (CNS/Paul Haring)
Just so I don’t miss anything while I’m asleep, I’ve signed up for PopeAlarm, which will send me a text message and an e-mail whenever white smoke appears. Check it out.


I know several parishes are holding Eucharistic adoration for the cardinal-electors and the new pope, whoever he may be. My own parish, Bl. John Paul II, is holding it despite the majority of its parishioners (college students) being away on spring break. How is your parish praying and preparing for a new pope?

— Tony Gutiérrez
Associate Editor

No comments:

Post a Comment